- Date completed: August 2020
- Overall project cost: $10.2 million
- 33,000 sq. ft. addition
- Addition includes 5,100 sq. ft. library center and several classrooms, multi-purpose spaces, rehearsal rooms, and collaboration spaces.
- Corridor linking east and west campuses
- Gallery space for large events
- New public restrooms
- Additional storage space
Benet Academy, a Catholic, Benedictine, college preparatory high school in Lisle, Illinois, is home to more than 1,000 students. With a growing student population, the school needed better flow between the two main areas of the campus. They also wanted additional multipurpose spaces to use for various functions—spaces that would also serve as connection points for students.
Aspen Group designed and developed a unique solution for Benet Academy. The 33,000 sq. ft. addition includes a space for students to develop new skills and opportunities, named St Mary Hall. This facility includes multipurpose rooms for the performing arts, a new Library & Collaboration Center, and an outdoor space for gathering, contemplation, and prayer.
The addition also includes a large gallery space for academic and social events and collaborative work.
Because of this addition of multipurpose areas, Benet Academy had the space they needed to safely reopen in the midst of the pandemic in the fall of 2020.