- Completion date: August 2019
- Renovation of 5,700 sq. ft. worship facility that seats 420
- New 1,320 sq. ft. office addition
- Existing worship converted into connecting space that includes coffee bar and comfortable seating for casual gatherings, group meetings, dining, and fellowship
- New sanctuary features a large platform, storage, new restrooms, and new audio-visual capabilities
- Insulated Concrete Form (ICF) used for improved sound-dampening, energy savings, and ability to withstand high winds.
Christ Community Church in Simpsonville, SC, is a rapidly growing community. The streets around the church property are becoming heavily traveled, and noise levels from the surrounding traffic was making it difficult for worshippers to hear within the old sanctuary. The church is healthy and growing, which has led to the need for expanded worship seating, Third Place connecting space, and office space for church staff in order to position the church for even greater kingdom impact.
“We now realize that people hang out longer after services because people have space to linger in….”
Pastor Brian Coffey, Senior Pastor
The $2.8 million addition and renovation includes a new 5,700-square-foot worship facility that can seat 420 people, along with a new office addition of 1,320 square feet. The existing worship service was converted to “Third Place” space — a welcoming connecting space that includes a coffee bar and comfortable seating for casual gatherings, group meeting, dining and fellowship.
Features of the new sanctuary include a large platform, storage, new restrooms and new audio-visual capabilities.
The building features heavy timbers that protrude outside the structure. The building itself is of insulated concrete form construction — a choice made for its outstanding sound-dampening capabilities, high energy-saving capability, and improved ability to withstand high winds during storms.