- Completion date: November 2019
- Approximate project cost: 5.2 million
- Addition: 1,473 sq. ft.
- Renovation: 20,854 sq. ft.
- Lobby and Restroom addition
- New café counter and seating area
- Warm and welcoming fireside family room adjacent to worship venue
- Renovation of Worship venue, providing new theater seating and updated AVL package
- Lower Level Children's renovation, including secure check-in and classroom refreshes
- New large conference meeting space
Edgewood Baptist Church, has a mission to equip people to reach their full potential in Christ. This friendly, people-centric church, located in the Quad Cities, welcomes people from Illinois and Iowa.
One of Edgewood's main problems was having sufficient gathering space for their church family to meet and catch up between services. Upon entering the church building, people were immediately met the worship venue, but there wasn't enough space to congregate, connect, and build deeper relationships.
Another issue they were having was that their previous worship space was disjointed and people felt disconnected during worship.
Aspen answered the call with an addition and renovation, giving the Edgewood family a spacious new lobby and cafe with generous seating where people can grab a beverage and connect. The addition of a large group meeting space provides the congregation and staff more options for meeting on a daily or weekly basis.
The new fireside family room gives people a warm, comfortable space to slow down and build relationships, and provides an additional option for viewing the worship service for those who might not be able to do so in the larger venue. The new sanctuary renovation and expansion gives people plenty of space to worship together, and the updated audio/visual/lighting package enhances the worship experience.
The lower level children's ministry renovation includes a new secure check-in area, as well as an updated nursery, and kid's classrooms.