- Date completed: October 2020
- Overall project cost: $2.35 million
- 9,000 sq. ft. addition
- 3,500 sq. ft. renovation
- New addition includes children’s ministry space, lobby, and multi-purpose space
- Unfinished basement added for future additional ministry space
- Main level lobby completely renovated and expanded, with new welcome area, redesigned staircase to connect to all levels, new restrooms, and family meeting room
- Renovation includes updated gathering space, coffee bar, kitchen, and nursery space.
- New restrooms added on the main level
- New dedicated office space for staff
Oxford Bible Fellowship, in Oxford, Ohio, believes God can bring restoration to our lives, our relationships, and to our world. They live this out by serving others, living intentionally, battling mediocrity, and embracing new challenges.
Oxford Bible serves both church and adjacent college communities by providing an open and welcoming door to the neighborhood. On any given day their space is booked by groups up to 50, but their connection spaces didn’t fully accommodate these larger groups.
Additionally, children’s ministry had been meeting in the basement, so they needed a more accessible and welcoming space to support their vibrant children’s ministry programs.
“We now realize that people hang out longer after services because people have space to linger in….”
Pastor Brian Coffey, Senior Pastor
After a long wait (approximately 14 years), the church now has a new space that meets the needs of both the church and community. The timing of this new space coincided with the COVID shutdown, which allowed the work to progress without affecting church attendance. The most challenging part of the project was delivering a high-impact space while within tight budget constraints. But God inspired and delivered a design that provides enough square footage to impact every generation that comes to the church.
The new addition creates space for children, youth, and college ministries, and puts them front and center to reflect the church's values. It also provides additional lobby space for intergenerational connection and dedicated office space for the church staff. The renovation of the existing space includes an updated lobby, coffee bar, kitchen, and nursery spaces, as well as new, more accessible restrooms on the main level.
Now, Oxford Bible is positioned to live its values by offering a welcoming and spacious facility to their congregation and the community around them.