- Construction Completed: Spring 2018
- New Facility: 11,987 sq. ft.
- Renovation: 4,066
- Connectors between buildings:
1,523 sq. ft.
- New Family Life Center, which also serves as contemporary
- Youth center with office
- New commercial kitchen, expanded pantry, and storage
- Renovation of former Fellowship Hall to create choir rehearsal area, nursery, and office for Music Director
- Added two connectors between facilities to create flow "front-to-back" of campus, under cover
Richmond Hill United Methodist Church, located in Richmond Hill, Georgia, is a thriving congregation that seeks to serve their community where there is need and to grow together as followers of Jesus Christ. By 2017, however, they had reached capacity in their existing building. In order to continue providing space for people of all ages to worship, as well as to expand their ability to meet the needs of their local community, the church embarked on a building project, which added new space and maximized existing square footage.
“We now realize that people hang out longer after services because people have space to linger in….”
Pastor Brian Coffey, Senior Pastor
In partnership with Felder & Associates, an architecture firm based in the Low Country, Aspen Group broke ground on Richmond Hill’s $3.5 million project ($2.7 million building budget), which was completed in the Spring of 2018. A new 12,000 square-foot multipurpose Ministry Center was constructed. This new gathering space seats 400 and serves as a re-imagined fellowship hall. The space can be converted easily to function as Richmond Hill’s contemporary worship venue, and its youth center for 120 people. The Ministry Center also features a new, commercial kitchen, expanded space for the church’s community food pantry, and office space for the youth ministry staff. Aspen also modified the current church facility to provide enhanced children’s and nursery space, and a new music suite—over 17,000 square feet of new and remodeled ministry space.
Credit: Felder & Associates Architecture