- 29,410 sq. ft. building addition, 8,209 sq. ft. exterior green space and playground, currently in construction.
- Two story lobby and café spaces, with adjoining connect room.
- Kid’s wing with safe check in, classrooms, large group room, indoor play space, nursery, and mother’s room.
- Students wing with worship, lounge, café, and a dedicated exterior entrance.
- Administrative wing with reception, open and private offices, breakroom, and conference rooms.
Second level includes a balcony overlooking the lobby and café space and several small group rooms.
A Pandemic Pivot:
The Bridge Church, in Bradenton, Florida, is a close knit church family that values relationships and connection, yet they lacked adequate space on their campus to connect and gather. They also needed a better solution for their kid’s ministry areas, and a defined entry point to the building.
Aspen partnered with architects, Felder & Associates, with the intent to start with a new building addition, but then, in 2020, the pandemic hit. While in-person attendance was low, they decided to pivot, and renovate the worship venue and restrooms, with the plan to add a second phase addition later.
“We now realize that people hang out longer after services because people have space to linger in….”
Pastor Brian Coffey, Senior Pastor
Phase Two is Underway:
Phase two, currently in construction, is a 29,410 sq. ft., two story addition, with an additional 8,209 sq. ft. of exterior green space and playground. A new, clear entry, will invite people into the space with a bright and open layout, and clear signage to guide them through the space. The first floor includes gathering and connection zones, an open café space, and kid’s check-in, ministry rooms, and an indoor play space. New administrative offices include a spacious open office layout with reception area, a conference room, and a break room. The student wing features a dedicated entrance, worship venue, café, and lounge space.
This new ministry space will reflect The Bridge’s message that everyone is welcome, no matter what stage of life they’re in, help to build relationships, and draw people closer to Jesus.
Architects: Felder & Associates