- Date completed: August 2020
- Overall project cost: $6.1 million
- 630 sq. ft. addition
- 34,155 sq. ft. renovation
- New front entrance with canopy, illuminated signage, and outdoor patio and green space that connects directly to the café via garage doors
- Main level lobby completely renovated and expanded, with new welcome area, redesigned staircase to connect to all levels, new restrooms, and family meeting room
- Refreshed lower and upper-level lobbies with new floor and wall finishes, and reconfigured staircase.
- New coffee bar with abundant counter seating and various gathering and seating arrangements
- New centralized kids’ check-in, with secure, dedicated nursery and mothers' room, and complete recon-figuration of 3 new large-group kids’ spaces
Waypoint Church in St. Charles, Missouri, has a mission of "Worship. Love. Go." This thriving community of faith wanted to adapt their church building to create a cohesive, effective, engaging ministry space that would allow their congregation to experience a deep and intimate connection with God and others.
“We now realize that people hang out longer after services because people have space to linger in….”
Pastor Brian Coffey, Senior Pastor
Aspen partnered with Waypoint on an addition and renovation that aligns with their core values of relationships and missional living. A new front entrance with illuminated signage and canopy creates clear entry points into the building. The new, bright and welcoming central engagement area has clear signage and easily accessible restrooms, giving it crucial visual clarity. This space also features strategic connection zones, so people can have a quick 5-minute connection, or relax and stay awhile. The new coffee bar features abundant counter seating as well as various table groupings and seating options in the café.
New mid-sized flexible spaces that can hold up to 100 people were also added for training and special events. The improved kids and 'tween ministry spaces provide and maintain a safe and secure area where children can establish their faith. This new space features an indoor play space, consistent theming, clear wayfinding, and a safe and secure drop-off/pick-up point for families.